Monday, January 11, 2010

Scrub-fest 2010

Our social worker is coming to our home on Wednesday the 13th. I am slightly nervous that it had to be the 13th - not that I'm superstitious or anything.


So, this weekend was spent doing some much needed organization. I was in the 'let's shove everything in the basement and clean what we can' camp, while Angie had a better vision for where she wanted things to go. We got a few rooms straightened out, and we got Angie's art supplies laid out in our basement. Kudos goes out to Angie's sister, who spent a few hours cleaning our kitchen.

I was happy to spend Saturday inside, but had some serious cabin fever on Sunday when the mercury hit 20 degrees. I love Minnesota in the winter, but not so much when it's below zero. I can even handle the bitter cold temps every once in a while, but not for as long-term as we've had them, and not with the added sucky-ness of the wind. Hopefully, we'll have a nice spell of 20-30 degrees for a week or so.

There's still a little bit to do before Wednesday, but a great big chunk was completed over the weekend and I'm feeling quite a bit more positive than I was last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment