Monday, May 30, 2011

Adios, Colombia

This will be my last post on this leg of our journey - I head back to Minnesota tomorrow, leaving my wife and baby behind.

We had a great day. More pictures that Angie will upload. We toured the Monserrate, a church on a peak overlooking Bogota. It was a great view, once the clouds parted. Bogota is huge.

Afterwards, we had plans on visiting the Gold Museum, and our taxi driver, Luis Alberto brought us there. Unfortunately, it was closed. Instead, we visited La Candelara (?), the old part of the city, that is being restored. Lots of lovely old buildings and churches. Luis Alberto was a great tour guide; he spoke in simple spanish, and threw in a lot of the english he knew so even I could understand what was going on.

We came back and grabbed some food with the other family staying here while Francisco slept in our room - he's been asleep for several hours, but that surely will end soon!

Good night all, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    I don't know if you will see this since I've seen that it was a long time ago you wrote on this blog. But I'll give it a try.

    My name is Petronella and I'm a swedish mom waiting for my Colombian daughter. We will not go to Colombia until late spring maybe and this time waiting is so hard. To make it meaningful I am searching for pictures of our little girl and ended up here on your blog. We wan't to have as much as possible to show her from her time at Los Pisingos. She will be almost two years old when we bring her home so otherwise it's two years of almost no pictures.
    When you were at Los Pisingos our girl were there also. Now my question is if you have any pictures from there and if you would like to look them through and see if she is there? She is quite easy to recognize, but I don't want to do that here so if you e-mail me I will describe her there.

    I would be so grateful for this! And even if you don't want to do it or don't have pictures, please please tell me just so I know.

    Thank you so much again and I wish you a happy new year!!!

    Best regards

    Petronella

    petronella.noren@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete