Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm checkin' in

Another semi-sleepless night.  I'm glad, though, that Francisco is getting more and more comfortable with us.  Angie and he went down around 8pm and he woke up around 10pm for a bottle.  It was really a 'bloody murder'-type scream.  I could still hear him in the kitchen while making his bottle.  As soon as he had about 4 or 5 ounces, he fell back asleep.  He got restless around 2 am, so off to the kitchen I went.  After he had his bottle, neither he or I could go back to sleep, so we just kind of stared at each other.  He didn't fuss; just rolled back and forth, looking for the comfortable spot on the bed.  Just like me.  I hope he doesn't get 'blessed' with my insomnia.

He got tired right before breakfast, and went back to sleep - still sleeping now, going on hour number 3.

We've been laughing that we are in a really neat city with a lot of wonderful tourist attractions, but we might as well be in Minnesota.  We get out a little bit here and there, but we mostly have been taking the time getting to know the wee one.  He's pretty fun.  The other night, he held his bottle as he sucked on the last little bit of formula.  So neat to see him try to take charge in his feeding.  The same night, as Angie was rocking him to sleep, he decided to show some affection back to mom by sucking on her face.  It's really cute to give him kisses, because he hasn't quite grasped the concept.  He opens his mouth, and out comes a three-foot long tongue.  You have to be careful, or he'll get ya!

Yesterday we went to a baby-shop in the area.  We had heard about it from the other family that lives at Betty's Place.  It was really neat to be in a baby store with a baby, but I was a little disappointed that it seemed very commercialized - not a lot of local stuff, just things you could get at Babies R Us and Toys R Us.

I hope we have more to report later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment