Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 2

Day two was not without it's ups and downs!  The day started with me frantically trying to find the satchel I keep our passports in.  I noticed right away that it wasn't in my pants-pocket where I was sure I'd left it.  After tearing apart our room and cursing myself, I let Angie in on the disaster.  In about 5 minutes she had found the secret hiding place I had stashed it so I wouldn't lose it. Which I did.  Just a reminder to myself that we are a team, and together we are raising this child.

We had our first outing!  The other family at Betty's Place invited us to a restaurant at the shopping center in town.  We had a lot of fun, but it was the first really sunny day in Bogota, and we had prepared the kiddo for a cold day.  Over prepared.  We needed to strip him down of a few layers when we got to the restaurant.   But Francisco was a trooper and didn't complain in the least.

Until later.  He got a bit clingy and has cried off and on, wanting to be held most of the day.  We are more than willing to oblige.  He had been on the verge of a breakdown when dad did the mean thing and tried to put some clothes on him.  Nuclear winter!

The worst was our first attempt at a bath, which he was not in the mood for.  He fought a lot during the 5 min we were in there, and ended up leaning forward and bopping his head on the side of the basin.  It took about a half an hour for him to calm down.

We're now tag-teaming him to get him to go down.  He'll fall asleep in our arms, but has no desire to lie down on the bed or the carrier.  I'm not sure if he's testing us, or worried about losing us, or if it's just something else.  But we're not leaving his side.

P.S.  I apologize for any spelling errors.  I somehow got the spanish version of blogger, and am too tired to figure it out!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! You guys are doing great! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete